Dec 17, 2008

School & Soup


Ok first things first....I got through my first semester of the nursing program!!!! I took my last final today and I am so excited I can't even tell you!! I honestly have never studied so hard before in my life...but I really think (ok I hope) it will get easier because I feel like I learned HOW to STUDY for these classes this semester and in turn learned a lot! Shout out to all the girls in the program....couldn't have done it without you. (you think this speach is crazy...wait till I finish the program :D)


Now on to the soup recipe. So I really wanted to make a vegetable soup...I tried a couple weeks ago...it was good but I wanted to perfect it. So I got online to look for some recipes. I found this website:


and decided to give that soup a try. Well, while I was writting down the ingredients and instructions, I saw that I could enter to win $100 if I took a picture of my finished soup...so I did! Ok so the exciting news is not that I won- well I haven't heard yet :D. The exciting news is that the editors approved my photo and added it to the recipe. I am famous!!! Ok my soup is FAMOUS! It is on that website posted above. How exciting! lol BJ was like, who has time to enter these contests...I said, "Nursing students on their two week break!!"


2 comments:

Recksieks said...

That is so cool. I am going to go check out my famous niece...or my famous niece's soup, on that website, yay! Congratulations on the soup and the 1st semester!

Becky said...

Your soup looks so good! Good job. I have been trying to cook more and try new things. Congratulations on the first semester. I'm very impressed.