Sep 2, 2008

Nursing Program First Week


Well I made it through the first week of the nursing program! YEAH! For those of you that don't know...I just started the nursing program at the DATC. It is a four semester program with no summer break so I was a little nervous about it. Thankfully a girl named Nina (shout out) who lives just downstairs from BJ and I, just found out that she was accepted into the program as well. So we carpool and study together. I am just so grateful for her and all the help she is to me.


The first week went pretty well. It was a little overwhelming not knowing what to expect and intimidating since it it is an accelerated program. But I made it!


We have already had two tests and two pass off's and we start clinicals in a couple weeks, which I am so excited for! Wahoo.


For clinicals we have a DATC patch that we need to sew onto our uniform. I kept telling BJ that he should sew it on with his mad sewing skills. Well, last night I was studying at Nina's apartment and came up to find the apartment completely clean, laundry done, dishes done, and a clean vacummed floor...not to mention...BJ watching football while sewing on the patches on the uniform. I am just so luck to have BJ. He is way to good to me!!! I am the luckies girl in the world. I definitely couldn't be doing this without him!

3 comments:

momscott said...

You're doing great! Come visit our new blog.....momscottandfam.blogspot.com. I know....I know....but I finally did it!

Mom

Unknown said...

Hi! I am glad to hear you are surviving. Sounds stressful, and you don't even have kids. I hope I survive. Do you know where you are doing clinicals? It would be cool if you come to my work. I work at IMC on the Cardiac 3rd floor now. We have had a few DATC nursing students. If you do you should let me know what day you will be there. Well good luck you can do it!

Nina said...

Thanks for the shout out home dawg! You're a straight up g-thug, I don't know how I could survive nursing school without your face! I'm so glad we're friends! Loves you!