Jan 20, 2009

Remember When......



Anybody recognize this game?

POG's: Who didn't LOVE playing with the pog's....collecting the popluar cartoon characters and don't forget the importance of having a good SLAMMER.


So, after some reminiscing with BJ and some friends from school I thought it would be fun to bring up some of the memories we had when we were kids. Let me know what you remember from your childhood


BJ started singing "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....turles in a half shell....Turtle POWER". He said his favorite was Michealangelo (the orange one for those of you that might be like me and didn't remember).






Oh and how did 15 minutes at recess seem like it lasted FOREVER? I remember playing four square like my life depended on it. Oh no! The Cherry bomber!


For the Girls: polypockets (that you could actually put in your pocket), cabbage patch girls, and off course barbies. My mom made me a furniture set for my barbies and gave it to me for christmas one year, one of my favorite Christmas gifts for sure.


What about you? What do you remember? funny stories? Let us know!

7 comments:

Rosalee said...

Some of my FAVORITE toys were my grand champion horses (grand champions... the most beautiful horses in the world). My friend and I were playing with our horses one day during recess. We suddenly realized how quiet it was. Our class had gone inside! We quickly picked up our horses and ran into the school. The funny thing is that our teacher didn't say anything to us!

Steph said...

Oh man, Mitch and I talk about pogs all the time cause those were the best, and I tell you what, I had the most AWESOME triple decker slammer, nobody could beat me at recess! Those days were the best. =) But I also used to totally love Popples! Do you remember those? They were the little puff ball little toys, and you could fold them inside out and they were like a pillow or something. I even had popple sheets. I love the 80's!

Cash Family said...

If you want these couches, they are yours! But, I understand you need to talk to BJ. We love them and they are so comfy but with our new baby coming, we need to make room in our apt for some stuff and we only need a couch. They are just slightly used, but we've kept them in good condition. Before we sell them, we're going to steam clean them. Good luck on house hunting! It's a great time to buy, as I'm sure you're aware!

Kierston said...

Recess now goes way too fast!

Becky said...

I remember He-man and She-ra. I have the POWER! He He. I heard it's back on cable now. All the stuff I grew up with is back in now. Cabbage Patch Dolls, Strawberry Shortcake, My little Pony. I must have had all the cool stuff! ;)Unfortunatly we didn't have any money and I begged and pleaded for a lot of this stuff. Oh, well. I guess I could buy it for myself now.

Anonymous said...

We'll soon be deleting our old blog that links you to our new one - so you'll want to update us soon! http://bradenandjamie.blogspot.com/

Cash Family said...

I'm sorry, but we had to sell our couches. I feel so bad, but we just had to do it. Please don't hate us!!!!