May 5, 2009

Vegetable Garden/ Womens Conference


OUR Garden! :D We have planted anything and everything in this garden (pumpkin, watermelon, carrots, lettuce, herbs, green peppers, tomatoes, green beans, peas and more....). We are hoping they will come up, we added fertilized soil but the dirt is still hard and has the consistency of clay. But hopefully by adding good soil to it over the next years it will start to show.
Our tomatoes in the water walls are doing really really well! Which is good cause BJ and I LOVE tomatoes!!! We also planted some flowers in the front by the door which I am totally excited for. I love vegetables but I really wanted to plant flowers. The only thing I am worried about with having the flowers so close to the front door is bees. But really not a lot of people come to the front door (salesmen, hometeachers, parents) eh, I guess it wouldn't be so bad after all. TOTALLY joking!!! :) Speaking of parents.
* that was a good transition huh jk
I got the opportunity to go to Women's conference with my sister in-law (my mother in-law ended up having to watch kids :( and my grandma, mom and some sisters were there as well. It was so much fun!! I drove up with Jamie (sister in-law) and came home with my mom and went to dinner with the family at Texas Roadhouse. It was fun to spend so much time with family but the best part was the things I learned. I felt like I was a different/better person after leaving. I learned so much and felt the spirit so strong. Got answers to questions I didn't realize I was asking. I highly recommend going next year ladies!!!





No comments: