Aug 25, 2009

Is it going to be a Girl or Boy?


Things have been going pretty good so far with the pregnancy. I have been getting my appetite back and actually craving food so that is good :). I still have a hard time eating meat but it is getting better. For awhile, even the sight of meat would make my stomach churn. I told BJ, I guess I will just have to be a vegetarian while I am pregnant, he didn't like that idea very much.

I also wanted to mention a few things that I have experienced with this pregnancy that nobody had mentioned to me.

- It is not abnormal to have cramps at the begining of pregnancy, in fact it is really common. Your muscles are stretching and preparing for the next 9 months.

- If you go to the doctors at 6 1/2 weeks or just early, then they do a vaginal ultrasound rather than on your stomach. You should have seen my reaction when the doctor told me that! I was definitely not prepared for that at all. Now, not all doctors do this and if you go when you are farther along then they wont need to do this..but just giving ya a heads up.

- When you start your second trimester it is not uncommon to have what is called "round ligament pain". It happens when you move positions quickly more often but can happen whenever. It feels like cramps but a little sharper..but no worries it doesn't last long and usually is resolved from changing positions.

I tell you these things so when you experience them you wont freak out or get nervous like I did. Knowing that these things are common really helped me.

Even with the "round ligament pain" and having to pee 3 times a night I am still loving being pregnant. I get really really excited seeing the baby move around on the ultrasound. February seems soo far away but it is already going fast and with school starting thur. I know it is going to go even faster. I went to Shopko and wandered into the baby isle, I got so excited thinking about how I am going to decorate the babies room and all the fun things we get to buy for the baby. I get nervous about being a mom but very very excited at the same time.

BJ and I are going to the doctor's next monday, Aug. 31st to find out the gender of the baby. We are both really excited and are hoping the baby will cooperate. I have had the feeling that it was going to be a girl but we would both love to have either. What do you think? Put your vote in...is it a girl or a boy?

8 comments:

Cash Family said...

I had round ligament pain with Ava. I cried for like 3 days because it hurt so dang bad! And, I can't believe it's all ready time to find out what the gender is! My sister in law just had a girl and during her first trimester she couldn't look at meat either.... maybe it's a sign! Just kidding!

Rosalee said...

I experienced those things, too! Sorry I never mentioned those to you! Anyway, when I would walk to work in the mornings I would often have the ligament pain. It was really annoying! It never hurt too much, but it did worry me.
I'm really excited to find out what you are having! Will you call me and let me know?

Rosalee said...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I told you this, but when David walked around the ultrasound machine to see William's heart beat, he almost passed out because of the thing that was sticking out of me for the vaginal ultrasound! It was pretty funny!

the laytons. said...

I love this post cause i have been shocked along with you about those same things! :) Glad to know we are normal still huh?! I am completely jealous you get to find out the gender on monday! I don't get to until sept 10th... way too far away! But i wish you the very very best that the baby reveals its little secret for you! My guess is that it is a boy!!
ps. i can't look at meat either!

Nina said...

You'll be an awesome mom!! And I think you're gonna have a girl!

Cameron and Carly said...

I think it will be a girl. And congrats on the news! I am glad you are feeling good. If you have any questions don't even hesitate, I've been through it all pretty recently. Good luck with school holy cow you are amazing!

Becky said...

Odds at our house usually say boy so I guess that's my vote. Good Luck!! Everything's so much fun with your first.

Recksieks said...

Such a fun time! You are going to be such a great mom! I am going to guess a boy...is that a good guess? :)