Aug 31, 2009

Its a.........

BJ and I went for our 16 week doctor's appointment today to find out if we were having a baby girl or baby boy in february. Whenever I told people that I was only 15 1/2 weeks along and we were finding out the gender...they were totally shocked to say the least. I just kept saying, "ya they can find out a lot earlier these days." But I was starting to feel a little nervous, thinking maybe I am confused...maybe he just wanted us to come in and we weren't having an ultrasound today. But sure enough, we did the ultrasound and the doctor pointed out everything and took pictures and said " I am 95% sure it is going to be a GIRL! I would be really really surprised if it is a boy!" Now, I know that doctors are wrong sometimes but I had the feeling we were going to have a girl at the very beginning so I am feeling pretty good about it.
Today's appointment was very special. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in BJ and I were just talking about becoming parents and it just made me realize how blessed I am to be pregnant and to be having this opportunity right now. I was worried that I may have a hard time getting pregnant because I have endometriosis and that is a big cause for infertility. Anyway as we were looking at our baby move around, seeing how big it was already, and finding out the gender; I just felt this overwhelming feeling of joy and comfort. We both are so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to become parents. Thanks everyone for your support.

5 comments:

Rosalee said...

I'm really excited for you two. Having a baby is an incredible experience. I'll never forget the first time I got to see William. Babies bring so much love and joy into a home. You are in for a wonderful adventure! I'm so excited that you are having a girl. I knew I should have bought this cute little outfit for your little girl the other day when I was in Park City. Oh well, now I just get to find something cuter! Congrats again!

Steph said...

Congratulations! Girls are amazing, you're gonna be great parents!

Recksieks said...

That is so exciting! Its fun having a girl! It is such a blessing to have a baby. I know I said this before but you will be great parents! Love ya

the laytons. said...

You will have a beautiful baby girl! I am so excited for you! :) It is such an amazing blessing to have a little one, you will be the best mommy! congrats!

Nina said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! You guys will be great parents! I think your baby counter is a little off today, it says you have 110,011 days to go till the baby comes. haha