Aug 3, 2009

Exciting News!

The secret is out! I am PREGNANT! BJ and I are very excited to start our family and to share this news with all of you.

This is a video of BJ's reaction. I took a pregnancy test (which we bought from the dollar store :D) in the morning after having a dream that I was pregnant, and sure enough the test was positive immediately. I was like, "no, really..no it is too early to find out. I bought this at a dollar store. It is probably just a false positive". So I set the test on the counter in the bathroom and closed the door. BJ and I said our morning prayer together and I just kept looking at him thinking about the test. BJ was getting ready for work and didn't have a lot of time so I thought I would wait to tell him. I went to clinicals and thought about it the whole time. So as soon as I came home I took another test, once again the test came back positive immediately. I looked at the mirror and looked back at the test and said to myself, "really....I am pregnant!" I started to get really really excited but had to wait for BJ to get home. I decided to decorate the bathroom with all the baby stuff I had accumulated over the years and surprise him.

So, when BJ came home I told him there was a spider upstairs in the bathroom that I needed him to get. He is used to this and smiled and took his flip flop and headed up the stairs, while I followed him with the camera.


(not sure why our voices sound funny, he really doesn't have a lisp or talk that high)

I am currently 12 weeks along and due February 20th, 2010. We have already been to the doctor for our first appointment and went again today. We were able to see the heart beat at 61/2 weeks and actually heard the heart beat today. The doctor said the heart was racing at a good 160 beats per minute and according to the old wives tale that signals that it is a girl, but we will know for sure in 4 weeks. :DHere are some pictures of our cute little one. While the doctor was taking the photos, the baby was just moving all around it was so fun!

The arrow is pointing to the babies hand. It looks like the baby is sucking his/her thumb.



Doing a little pose!

13 comments:

Recksieks said...

Congrats!!!! that is so great. We Love you guys!

Rosalee said...

I am so glad the secret is finally out!!! I am super excited for you guys! I want to throw a baby shower for you. Can I???? Oh, and William's heart beat was ALWAYS fast. Always. So the old wives' tale proved false for us. Anyway, once again I'm SUPER happy for you. Congrats!!!
p.s. Sorry about the reception. We went swimming with family around 7 so we had to go early. And I wasn't sure if you had received an invite (didn't know why you wouldn't) so I guess I just never asked. Sorry!!! We'll have to get together though after your trip. Have so much fun in ITALY!!!!

Ashley said...

We are so happy for you guys! Babies are so much fun and a great addition to any couple!

Unknown said...

Congrats christie!!! I am so ewxcited for you!!!!

Jd & Katie said...

CONGRATS! THAT IS EXCITING!

Steph said...

YAY!! That is SO exciting! I think it's so funny how he asks you about your period right on camera! ha ha, I laughed about that one! How fun, you're gonna be the cutest, most fun parents!!

Jill said...

BJ's Lisp. Gotta love that. I actually cried tears of happiness for you. I am so happy that you get to be a mama! You are one awesome lady. I hope you are feeling ok. Being pregnant and going to school, that is hard stuff. Take it easy. I mean it!

Amberly said...

Congrats! You'll have so much fun. Babies are the best :)

the laytons. said...

Congratulations! :) I'm super excited for you guys! I love how you surprised your husband. AND guess what!? We have the same due date!! how cool is that!

Webster family said...

I am so excited for you!!! Yay! That's so cute that you decorated the bathroom. both of my kids had fast heart rates and we have one of each so you never know.

Brooke and Brighton said...

congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!

Caden & Texie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! We are so excited for you!!!!

Mother of three said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh my goodness! We haven't seen you guys in soooo long!!! We are so happy for you! You will absolutely LOVE being parents! your love grows stronger and stronger. We wish you the best! Lets get together! Where do you guys live now??